I apologize for my lack of blogging in the past few months. As you can see from the title of this blog, there have been many changes going on in our household. This summer flew by, fast and furious. Creighton stayed busy teaching summer school, and I stayed busy entertaining/disciplining our soon to be 2 year old, Luke. Luke has had many transitions in the past few months. At the end of June his paci "disappeared" and we moved him into a "big boy" bed. My parents still had the bottom bunk to the bunk beds I had as a child, so we decided to use that as his bed. My grandmother had quilted an "Aggie" maroon quilt for me in college that we are now using as his comforter. We purchased a rail that locks into place for the open side of his bed. He has adjusted really well. The only problem is that he can now get out of his bed when he wakes up in the morning, so that means Mommy and Daddy have to get up too. (He used to stay put in his crib and just play). Overall both adjustments have gone over well, for which Mommy and Daddy are VERY thankful!:o)
Another exciting milestone in our little guy's life was his 2nd birthday on August 31st! I can't believe he is already 2! He is becoming more and more like his Daddy everyday. He enjoys being the center of attention (when there's not a huge crowd around) and can be as stubborn as all get out!!!! Yesterday I spent 30 minutes putting him in time out and then sending him back several times because he refused to apologize for throwing toys. I'm telling ya, all the gray hairs that Creighton and I get will be because of this little booger. Even though he can be extremely stubborn, everyday brings new adventures and a deeper love for our little boy. We feel so blessed to be his parents!:o)
See this little guy right here? Well, he has some big NEWS for you! He is going to be a BIG BROTHER come March 24!!!!! Yes, that means that I am about 13 weeks pregnant with our second child. We went for our first appointment about a month ago and things are looking good. I go back tomorrow for my second appointment. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good ultrasound pics of our new little one. Overall, I've been feeling great. . .minimal morning sickness, just a little tired, but VERY hungry these days. I can already tell this pregnancy is going to be very different than my first. I have felt better overall, but my face looks like a pizza and I'm more emotional than usual. I'm excited to find out in about 7 weeks what this little one is!



3 comments:
Yay for baby # 2, and YAY that you're back to blogging! Thanks for giving me something to read on my first (boring) day back at work... glad y'all survived Ike without any major damage!
wooohooo congrats i was wondering when/if you would announce this i read on another blog a clue that you might be pregnant. CONGRATS!!!
YAY for baby #2! Luke is going to be a great big brother. We can't wait to find out if he's getting a sister or a brother.
Post a Comment