Our little man Sam turned 4 months old yesterday. We took him in for his 4 month appointment. He is 14 lbs 15 oz (50%) and 25 1/2 inches long (75%). He is much smaller than Luke ever was!
Sam is such a charmer. A few months ago I doubted that he was going to be my easy baby. He was a little high maintenance his first few months, but I have to say that he has become an absolute joy 99% of the time! He is generally all smiles, belly laughs, and coos unless he is hungry or tired. He is such a sweet heart and I am loving every minute with him this summer!
Projects
Every summer Creighton and I decide to tackle a new project. The first summer we bought the house we painted the kitchen cabinets, the second summer we decided to rebuild the front porch & replace the outside wood that was terribly rotted with hardiplank (and actually. . .we're still working on it!). This summer we decided to tackle our master bathroom. It was in desperate need of a makeover. It cried 1990's with hollywood lighting, brass fixures, and tile that was in horrible shape. We removed the tile last week and are beginning the remodel. Here are some "before" pictures. I'll be sure to post pictures of the new and improved bathroom once it's finished. . .which will hopefully be before the boys grow up and move out!:o)
Tile that we found underneath the tile that we had just pulled up. . .nice, don't ya think?
Pool
To beat the Texas heat, we decided to take a dip in our neighbor's pool tonight. Luke's friend, Patrick, joined us. Luke and Patrick had a great time splashing around, and Sam enjoyed dipping his feet in.:o)
Pals
Luke and Sam are such a pair! Luke loves his brother, but has definitely started to show some signs that he is having a hard time coping with the fact that the world does not revolve around just him anymore. These pictures remind me though of the sweet bond that they already share. I pray that these two will always have an unbreakable brotherly bond.
Playdates
My good friend and her adorable son, Ethan, came over for a playdate recently. Ethan and Sam are only days apart. Jeana and I had a great time catching up and watching the boys interact.
3 comments:
oooh so much fun! i love that siblings so close in age learn to love eachother so fast! so perfect both of them
Great update!
When I first started reading about the bathroom, I thought you were going to show us after photos, that y'all were already done with it. I thought, "Man, Christie doesn't waste anytime!" Looking forward to seeing it when it's all done - I know it'll look great!
Have fun in New Orleans! And give the boys kisses for me!
Awesome!! I cannot wait until the tuesday after next!!! Yay library!!!
Post a Comment