Saturday, March 14, 2009

Big Brother visits!

Last night Luke finally got to meet his little brother for the first time. The first thing he told me when we got back to the NICU was "Daddy, that's mine!", I said "What's yours?", that's my Sam he said. It was a great first beginning of a great friendship. Luke grabbed Sam's arm immediately and held him. It was the sweetest thing in the world. As he was on his way out he looked at Sam and said "I love you Sam". Made me so proud.


Sam and Luke started a great friendship last night. Sam is doing better today. He is off the IV and they started feeding him today. He has had three feedings and all of them have stayed in. Great sign. Christe got to breastfeed him too. The nurses tell us that if all goes well tonight and the doctors agree in the morning he might get out tomorrow. YIPPIE!!! Christie and I so thankful for him and are ready for him to come home with us. Thank you for all the prayers and kind words.


2 comments:

The Sutherlands said...

It was great to see you both yesterday! We are so excited to meet Sam and see the interaction between him and Luke!!!! I am so happy that the feedings are going well, and that you may get to come home! What a blessing! God is so good! PLease let us know if there is ANYTHING that you need! I know you have strong family support, and just know, that we love you and will do anything we can to help you, too!!!!

Blogahon said...

Love Luke's big brother shirt. Sam is just beautiful!

What a sweet story about their first meeting you have to tell them both when they get older! Luke is going to be such a great big brother.