After taking a 6 month hiatus, I have returned to my blog. Thankfully my dear husband decided to take over for me and did a great job of keeping everyone updated.:o) As you can imagine, this household has been quite busy these days. The demands of a new born and a 2 year old definitely keep this mommy on her toes! Luke is now 2 and half and is such a mess! Here are some Luke highlights:
* He is into "super heroes" and loves to show off his super hero moves.
* He loves his new brother Sam, but since he thinks all babies are girls he calls Sam a "she" instead of "he" which leads to. . .
* He tells me at least 3 times a day, "Look Mom! She's soooo cute!" - referring to Sam.
* He loves to grab Daddy's cheeks and say "Chubby, Chubby, Chubby!":o)
* He has become such a Daddy's boy since Sam has been born.
* Every night before he goes to sleep he ask to go Kyler and Patrick's houses to play.
* He knows almost the whole Lord's prayer, with help from Mommy & Daddy.
* The child can hit a baseball!
* A few days ago he told me, "Mom, I freaked Blaine out!" This cracked me up!
* He loves to help Mommy clean the house, but he HATES to pick up his toys! He will make every excuse in the book such as it's too heavy, I'm too tired, I can't do it! Ughh!
* He calls everyone "alligators" these days.
* He is still an extremely picky eater. His favorite meal is pb& j, pretzels, and fruit. He has tried a carrot on occasion, with lots of bribery from Mom.
* He enjoys playing with Sam's toys more than his own (even though he doesn't realize that those toys were one HIS toys:o)
* He is still not potty trained, but is definitely getting closer. He tells me when he needs a diaper change and occasionally takes off his diaper after naps. Once I asked him why he took off his diaper he said, "Because I needed a new one." I couldn't argue with that! I am hoping that we can tackle potty training this summer and successfully master this skill:o)
* He is very good at diverting our attention away from whatever it is he has done wrong. It's amazing how fast they learn to be little manipulators! I thought I was suppose to be the one manipulating him!:o)
* He has an infectious laugh and a killer smile!:o)
2 Weeks- Our little peanut we call Sam
We went for our 2 week appointment on Friday. Sam has gained almost a whole pound in a week and a half! I was worried he wasn't getting enough to eat, but boy was I wrong! His appointment went well and he is right on track. Here are some Sam highlights:
*He is a good eater and a pretty good sleeper, except from about 2-4 AM. For some reason he thinks this time of a day is a good time to fuss. . which makes this momma a little unhappy.
* He absolutely LOVES his paci. If he has something to suck on, he is content.
* He is having longer periods of awake time these days. I love getting to look into his eyes.
* He is a cuddle bug. He is generally happy as long as he is in some one's arms.
I am enjoying this newborn phase so much. I want to soak up every minute because I know I'm going to blink and he'll be Luke's age!
I need to upload new pictures on to the computer. As soon as I do I'll post some new pictures we took this past week.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY! So glad you are back to blogging :) The boys are adorable- I know they are keeping you busy! Get some rest and hope to see you again soon :)
Post a Comment